Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sauce Piquante has a new vice


I like chocolate, and the darker and more bittersweet it is, the better. So when I was in a local culinary store browsing around this morning, I saw this Vosges candy bar and couldn't resist. What I love about it: it's not overly sweet, you get good rich dark chocolate flavor (it's 70 percent cacao, after all) and once you bite into a piece you also get a burst of coffee from the New Orleans chicory and some crunch from the cacao nibs.
Dangerously enough, the aforementioned store is displaying Scharffen Berger cacao nibs right by the Vosges bars. So I bought those too, thinking it's high time I give Chocolate and Zucchini's Biscuits Tres Chocolat a try and then experiment with these crunchy little morsels in some regional dishes too (bread pudding, maybe?).
If you've used chocolate nibs before, let me know. I'd like to know what sort of recipes you use them in, what they're like to cook with, and anything else that's important to know before throwing myself into playing with these high-octane goodies.

1 comment:

SteamyKitchen said...

they have the most gorgeously designed packaging!